- Weather related non-uniform day information can be found in the SCPS student handbook. Please check the SCPS weather information on the 3rd grade homepage.
- We will begin multiplication this week in math. Copies of the schedule and the tests went home before Christmas break. Our first test on the twos will be January 19. We will complete the zeros and ones facts sometimes in the next two weeks.
- XtraMath requirements. They should practice 3 times per week, and the week ends on each Sunday.
- Lower School Prospective Open House is Tuesday, January 12, 9:30. Please let someone know who might be interested in sending their child to SCPS Lower School.
- Report cards go home Monday, January 11.
- Conference Day, Friday January 15. If you would like to schedule a mid-year conference, please email me this week.
- We will be doing the chapel on January 22.
- Students who received honor roll during the 1st or 2nd marking period will be acknowledged on January 29 in the old Upper School gym. (Please note: This is a simple acknowledgement; rather than a ceremony.)
- Biography Project due: January 20
- Tests this week: Wednesday-Vocabulary Unit 9; Thursday-Bible, Reading, Spelling
Spelling words this week: 1. ability 2. avoid 3. bashful 4. brief 5. compete 6. consider 7. delightful 8. honor 9. reflex 10. remark 11. freeze 12. honeybee 13. bucket 14. prefix 15. retire
Bible verse: Psalm 33:2-3 "Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to Him on the (ten-stringed) lyre. Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy!"