Your child's success is very important to me. To create and maintain a positive learning environment for all students, I will follow the behavior and discipline policies below.
Be a S.T.A.R. Classroom Expectations
- Be a good listener.
- Follow directions the first time.
- Complete work on time.
- Do quality work.
- Do your own work.
- When things get hard, don't give up.
- Walk in the halls and classroom.
- Keep your hands and objects to yourself.
- Keep things in their proper place.
- Do not keep others from learning.
- Use kind words and actions.
- Ask permission before you borrow.
Discipline Policy: Students sometimes make choices that are not helpful to themselves or others. In general, the following steps are taken in my class:
1. A verbal warning is given reminding them of the consequences of their choice.
2. If a child persists in making a poor choice, logical consequences are imposed such as they receive a negative point on Class DoJo. They may have a time out at recess, in the room or at lunch.
3. Students may have to write a "think-sheet" to their parents explaining their poor choice and the good choice solution.
4. Parents and the office will be contacted for biting, spitting, fighting or other extreme hurtful or distructive behavior.