The week of October 3rd-7th is Homecoming week. We want all of our students to be able to enjoy the family activities that week. With this is mind, there will be no written homework that week and only a few tests and quizzes. You can expect a Vocabulary Unit 4 Test that Wednesday, a Bible and Spelling Test on Friday, and the Timed Test on Tuesday. Third grade also has some fun activities in the works for that week.
- A homework checklist and uniform checklist have been added to the binder. Please look over this information with your student this weekend.
- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
- Study group will not take place on Wednesday this week.Please see important dates below if your child attends study group.
- Monday 9/26 - Conference sing-up will be sent by email. This will be a live excel spreadsheet, so you will continue to see what times/dates are available. Please sign up no later than Friday 9/30.
- Monday 9/26 - Chapter 1 Math review for test from 3:05 - 3:40. Please email me if you would like your child to attend this review session.
- Monday 9/26 - Please send in 20 oz. bottles for noise maker project.
- Friday 9/30 - Spirit Day
- Friday 10/7 - Picture orders due!
Bible Verse: Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."
Bible Concept: Jacob and Esau
1. scheme 2. release 3. scene 4. defeat 5. grief 6. believe 7. eagle 8. shield 9. monkey 10. kneel 11. then 12. she 13. many 14. some 15. these
Grammar: Unit 1: subjects, predicates, complete sentences, sentence fragments, statements, questions,commands, exclamations, compound sentences, complex sentences, run-on sentences
Vocabulary: Unit Four
Reading Skills: Author's Purpose
Story: Turtle Bay
Timed Tests: 100 addition problems with sums to 18 in 4 minutes; Tests will be given every Tuesday for a grade.
Begin working on subtraction. Beginning on October 18th, we will be taking subtraction timed tests each week. 100 problems in 4 minutes with difference from 18.
Math: Finishing Chapter 1 on Tuesday.
Beginning Chapter 2 - Addition and Subtraction Number Sense
Science: Chapter 1: Animals and Plants
Social Studies: A New Nation
Monday, 9/26- New week begins for XtraMath. Remember 3/week Mon. - Sun.
Tuesday, 9/27- Addition Timed Test, Chapter 1 Math Test
Thursday, 9/29- Chapter 1 Science Test, Grammar Test Unit 1
Friday, 9/30 - Spelling, Bible, Reading
* We have been reviewing test and quiz dates for this upcoming week all week long. Please be sure to check the planner daily for quizzes and tests. I have reminded students to study, at least, 5 minutes each night to make studying for tests easier. Also, utilize the websites that are on the home tab and listed on the username/password sheet in the binder. They have fabulous games and practice for sheets for all subjects.