- I hope everyone has a wonderful Spring Break!!! If you are traveling, be safe and have fun. If you are staying in Savannah, enjoy your time with you family getting rest and relaxation. **If you do something exciting over the break, please send me a favorite picture or two the Monday we return, and students can take turns sharing their pictures and a short story of their adventures.
- Math study group will take place on Wednesday from 2:50-3:30. For this week only, any student is welcome to come to Wednesday's study group. We will do a simple review of Chapter 6 in preparation for Thursday's test. This would be in addition to our in class review. If you would like your child to stay for this study session, please email me Monday or Tuesday morning the week that we return.
- Mon. - Fri., 3/13 - 3/17 - Spring Break
- Monday, 3/20 - Return to school & beginning of 4th Quarter
- Monday, 3/20 - Class Pictures: wear uniform; no NUT cards
- Friday, 3/24 - Report cards will be sent home
- Friday, 3/24 - Practice Standardized Testing
- Mon. - Fri., 3/27 - 3/31 - Standardized Testing; Testing snacks & afternoon activities (more information after Spring Break)
Bible: Test on verse will be on Thursday, March 23rd.
Bible Verse: Psalm 121:1 "I lift my eyes up to the mountains--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
Bible Concept: Ending Joseph's Life
Spelling Words: Unit 12 words - Test on 3/24.
Grammar: Unit 5 - Pronouns
Vocabulary: Begin Unit 12 - Test on Unit 12 will be April 7th. That is the week after standardized testing.
Reading Skill: Main Idea and Details
Here is the link to the Trophies stories audio:
- You will begin to notice that the stories are getting longer and more challenging. You may find it beneficial to spend more time each week reading the story several times and reviewing the details.
- It would be very helpful for your student if they listened to our next story once or twice over Spring Break to familiarize themselves with the content.
Blue:Because of Winn-Dixie
Red: Stone Fox
Please be working on multiplication facts. On Tuesday, March 21st, we will be taking a multiplication timed tests on sevens. It will be 25 problems to complete in 1 minute.
Please review the schedule listed below for test dates.
*If your child does not receive an 80% or above, you will receive an email from me stating that I will retest them the following day until they receive an 80% or higher.
1/24 - Zeros, Ones, Twos
1/31 - Fives
2/7 - Tens
2/14 - Nines
2/21 - Threes
2/28 - Fours
3/7 - Sixes
3/21 - Sevens
4/4 - Eights
4/11 - Elevens
4/18 - Twelves
Math: Chapter 6: More Multiplication Facts - Section A focuses on 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 as factors; Section B focuses on Comparing Multiplication, Multiplying 3 factors, Patterns & Rules, Problem Solving
- Chapter 6 Test will be on Thursday, March 23.
- I will be creating a review test for Chapter 6 that students may complete on their Pearson account Wednesday night. **If a video shows up, it is just there for extra practice; you can open it, close it, then click done to move on to the assignment titled Chapter 6 Review.
Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
- Students do not need to complete XtraMath over Spring Break.
Science: Chapter 5 - Land Forms
Social Studies: Week 15 Justice for All
- Wrap up Week 15 and take a simple classwork assignment.
Monday, 3/20 -
Tuesday, 3/21 - Sevens TT
Wednesday, 3/22 -
Thursday, 3/23 - Bible Verse; Chapter 6 Math Test
Friday, 3/24 - Spelling, Reading & Practice Standardized Testing