Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
A study group will be offered Mondays from 2:50-3:50. Study group is by invitation only.
- Mon. - Fri., 3/13 - 3/17 - Spring Break
- Monday, 3/20 - Return to school & beginning of 4th Quarter
- Monday, 3/20 - Class Pictures: wear uniform; no NUT cards
- Thursday, 3/23- Practice Standardized Testing
- Friday, 3/24 - Report cards will be sent home
- Mon. - Fri., 3/27 - 3/31 - Standardized Testing; Testing snacks & afternoon activities (more information after Spring Break)
Bible: Test on verse will be on Friday, March 24th.
Bible Verse: Psalm 121:1 "I lift my eyes up to the mountains--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
Bible Concept: Daniel Shows His Wisdom
Spelling Words: Unit 12 words - Test on 3/24.
Grammar: Unit 6
Writing Sentences Correctly
Capitalizing Proper Nouns
Vocabulary: Begin Unit 12 - Test on Unit 12 will be April 7th. That is the week after standardized testing.
Reading Skill: Main Idea and Details
Here is the link to the Trophies stories audio:
- You will begin to notice that the stories are getting longer and more challenging. You may find it beneficial to spend more time each week reading the story several times and reviewing the details.
Sea Turtles: Shiloh
Whales: The Homework Machine
Dolphins: Ready Freddy: Apple Orchard
Please be working on multiplication facts. On Tuesday, March 21st, we will be taking a multiplication timed tests on sevens. It will be 25 problems to complete in 1 minute.
Please review the schedule listed below for test dates.
1/24 - Zeros, Ones, Twos
1/31 - Fives
2/7 - Tens
2/14 - Nines
2/21 - Threes
2/28 - Fours
3/7 - Sixes
3/21 - Sevens
4/4 - Eights
4/11 - Elevens
4/18 - Twelves
Math: Chapter 7
- Relating Multiplication and Division
- Dividing with 2 and 5
- Dividing with 3 and 4
- Dividing with 6 and 7
Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
- Students do not need to complete XtraMath over Spring Break.
Science: Chapter 6
Lesson 4 Air and Water Resources
Chapter 6 test will be on Thursday, March 23rd.
Social Studies: Week 16 Resources
- We will have an open newspaper assessment on Friday, March 24th.
Monday, 3/20 -
Tuesday, 3/21 - Sevens TT
Wednesday, 3/22 -
Thursday, 3/23 -Science test, Practice Standardized Testing
Friday, 3/24 - Spelling, Reading, Bible