- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
- A study group will be offered Mondays from 2:50-3:50. Study group is by invitation only.
September 23rd- Our class will be preforming at chapel. Chapel begins at 8:45 and will be in the old high school gym.
Bible Verse: Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
The Father of a New Nation
- God called out a special nation of people to worship the true God.
- Abraham was the father of this nation.
- Abraham is an example of obedience to the commands of God.
- When God gives commands, He also gives promises of blessings to those who obey Him.
- Jesus Christ would be brought into the world through this nation of people.
Spelling Words:1. happiest 2. disgust 3. reverent 4. fault 5. promptly 6. wrong 7. instrument 8. breakfast 9. autumn 10. sprinkle 11. from 12. have 13. one
14. not 15. but
Vocabulary: Go to vocabularyworkshop.com. We will be working on unit 2 words. There will be a test over definitions, synonyms, and antonyms on Wednesday, September 7th. The spelling test over these words will be Friday, September 9th.
Grammar:subjects and predicates
Reading Skills: decoding long words
Story: Nate the Great
We will work on this story for two weeks. There will not be a reading test this week.
Timed Tests: 100 addition problems with sums to 18 in 4 minutes
Read and write numbers in the hundred thousands.
Tell in words what is known and what needs to be determined in given word problems.
Compare whole number to 10,000
Order numbers to 10,000
Science: Complete Plants and Their parts and begin Animals and Their Parts
Social Studies: American Independence
Tuesday Timed Test
Wednesday Social Studies Test
Friday Spelling, Bible
Nightly: math page, study Bible verse, study spelling, study math facts, read for 20 minutes, a language or spelling assignment