- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
- A study group will be offered Mondays from 2:50-3:50. Study group is by invitation only.
August 26th - Picture Day
Bible Verse: Matthew 5:3 " Blessed are the poor inspirit for the kingdom of heaven is theirs."
Bible Concept: The parts of the Bible
- Both the Old and New Testaments point us to Jesus Christ.
- The Old Testament teaches us about the one true God and points us to Jesus Christ.
- The New Testament tells us about the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Spelling Words:1. allow 2. bitter 3. common 4. faint 5. firm 6. force 7. goal 8. patient 9. prefer 10. trace 11. you 12.are 13. with 14. his 15. they
Vocabulary: Go to vocabularyworkshop.com. We will be working on unit 1 words. There will be a test over definitions, synonyms, and antonyms on Wednesday, August 24th. The spelling test over these words will be Friday, August 26th.
Grammar:statements, questions, commands, exclamations
Reading Skills: Narative Elements
Story: Pepita Talks Twice
Timed Tests: 100 addition problems with sums to 18 in 4 minutes
Generate equivalent representations for a number by composing and decomposing numbers.
Read and write numbers in thousands.
Read and write numbers in the hundred thousands.
Tell in words what is known and what needs to be determined in given word problems.
Science: Plants and Their Parts
Social Studies: Ancient Greece
Monday, 8/22- Test over review math skills
Tuesday, 8/16- timed test
Wednesday, 8/24-Vocabulary Unit 1 test over definitions, antonyms, and synonyms
Friday, 8/19- Spelling (Unit 1 words), Bible, Reading
Nightly: math page, study Bible verse, study spelling, study math facts, read for 20 minutes, a language or spelling assignment
Thursday:Read Pepita Talks Twice