- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
- A study group will be offered Mondays from 2:50-3:50. Study group is by invitation only.
Bible Verse: Matthew 5:1-2 "He saw the crowds, went up on the mountain, and His disciples came to Him. He began to teach them."
Bible Concept: The Bible is God's Word
Spelling Words:1. twitch 2. blister 3. brittle 4. dresser 5. friend 6. glisten 7. present 8. slippery 9. scribble 10. splatter 11. and 12. that 13. was 14. for 15. of
Vocabulary: Go to vocabularyworkshop.com and enter student access code VWL11S9FBQT4. We will be working on unit 1 words. There will be a test over definitions, synonyms, and antonyms on Wednesday, August 24th. The spelling test over these words will be Friday, August 26th.
Grammar: subjects, predicates, complete sentences, sentence fragments, statements, questions
Reading Skills: Decoding long words
Story: Officer Buckle and Gloria
Timed Tests: 100 addition problems with sums to 18 in 4 minutes
Practice tests will be given on August 11th and 12th. These test will not be grade.
Math: Review place value
Science: Living and Non- living things
Social Studies: Ancient Greece
Tuesday, 8/16- timed test
Friday, 8/19- Spelling, Bible, Reading
Nightly: math page, study Bible verse, study spelling, study math facts, read for 20 minutes
Thursday: Read Officer Buckle and Gloria for test.