- No math study group this week.
- The last day to purchase a yearbook at the Early Bird special price of $40 is Monday, October 31st. Parents may order online. (The steps are listed on last week's blog.)
- The week of Nov. 14-18 is Operation Christmas Child Collection
- 3rd - 5th grade Grandparent's Day is November 18th.
- Wednesday 11/2 - Try to have report cards signed and returned. Please return in envelope and do not seal. When it's returned, you will receive a hard copy of the report card to keep.
- Wednesday 11/2 - See above comment if your child is a part of the weekly math study group.
- Friday 11/4 - Red & White Spirit Day
Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:3 "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.."
Bible Concept: Jacob's Dream; Sowing and Reaping
Grammar: Unit 2 - Lessons 9-13 - Nouns, Common Nouns, Proper Nouns, Singular & Plural Nouns, Irregular Nouns, Possessive Nouns
Vocabulary: Unit Six
Reading Skills: Word Relationships
Story: Little Grunt and the Big Egg
Timed Tests: 100 subtraction problems with differences from 18 in 4 minutes. Test will be given Tuesday.
Math: Chapter 2 - Mental Math: Breaking Apart Numbers and Using Tens, Estimating Sums, Overestimating and Underestimating - Diagnostic Checkpoint Section B Monday.
XtraMath: Students must complete 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
Science: Chapter 2 - Living Things Grow and Change, Finish up Chapter 2 with Lesson 3 - "From Parents to Young"
Social Studies: Freedom for All - Roles of 19th Century Americans (ex. Fredrick Douglass) Grade on Week 5 Weekly newspaper on Wednesday. Students will use their SS newspaper.
Monday, 10/17 - Diagnostic Checkpoint B
Tuesday, 10/18 - Subtraction Timed Test
Wednesday, 10/19 -
Thursday, 10/20 -
Friday, 10/21 - Bible, Spelling & Reading