- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
- Study group will take place on an invitation only basis on Wednesday's from 2:50 -3:30.
- Monday 10/3 - PJ Day
- Tuesday 10/4 - Decades Day
- Wednesday 10/5 - Safari Day
- Thursday 10/6 - Movie Day
- Friday 10/7 - Raider Pride Day - Homecoming Game at 7:30
- Friday 10/7 - Picture orders due!
- Monday - 10/10 - Columbus Day - No School
Bible Verse: Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."
Bible Concept: Our Inner Character
1. capture 2. coward 3. exclaim 4. gloomy 5. insist 6. passage 7. restless 8. shallow 9. shatter 10. talent 11. would 12. other 13. into 14. has 15. more
Grammar: Beginning Unit 2 with Nouns
Vocabulary: Unit Four
- Wednesday 10/5 - Students will be tested on the definitions, synonyms and antonyms of these words.
- Friday 10/7 - Students will be tested on the spelling of these words.
Reading Skills: Word Relations
Story: Balto, the Dog Who Saved Nome
- Test for this story will be Friday 10/14
Timed Tests: 100 addition problems with sums to 18 in 4 minutes; Tests will be given every Tuesday for a grade.
Begin working on subtraction. We take a weekly practice subtraction test on Thursdays. Beginning second quarter, we will be taking graded subtraction timed tests each week. 100 problems in 4 minutes with difference from 18.
Math: Chapter 2 - Addition and Subtraction Number Sense
Science: Begin Chapter 2 - Living Things Grow and Change
Social Studies: A New Nation - Begin Preparing for Test - Quiz on Week 4 is Wednesday 10/5.
Tuesday, 10/4- Addition Timed Test
Wednesday, 10/5- Vocabulary Test
Friday, 10/7 - Spelling & Bible
FYI - Social Studies Test 10/12 - Study Guides will be sent home the week of 10/3.