- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
- Study group will take place on an invitation only basis on Wednesday's from 2:50 -3:30.
- Tuesday 10/25 - Join the Lower School at the Pooler Chick-Fil-A from 5:00 - 7:30! The class with the highest percentage of participation will win a Chick-Fil-A lunch! This is a great time for fellowship, food, and fun! Hope to see you there!
- Thursday 10/27 - We will take our first field trip. We will be going to Old Fort Jackson. This will be a short field trip, and we will be back before lunch. For this reason, it will be best if this is a student only field trip. Students should wear their field trip T-shirt and jeans. They should dress for the weather. We will return to the school for lunch, so please send either a lunch ticket or a lunch box with your child.
- The class spelling bee will be November 15. The third grade spelling bee will be Dec. 12. Your child has the list of words in their binder.
Bible Verse: Proverbs 3: 1-2 "My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life and bring you peace and prosperity."
Bible Concept: Jacob's Dream
1. atmosphere 2. brilliant 3. convince 4. endure 5. glance 6. harsh 7. plunge 8. precious 9. swift 10. unite 11. make 12. than 13. first 14. been 15. its
Grammar: Unit 2 - Nouns, Common Nouns, Proper Nouns, Singular & Plural Nouns, Irregular Nouns, Possessive Nouns
Vocabulary: Unit Five
- Wednesday 10/26 - Students will be tested on the definitions, synonyms and antonyms of these words.
- Friday 10/28 - Students will be tested on the spelling of these words.
Story: Wild Shots, They Are My Life
Timed Tests: 100 subtraction problems with differences from 18 in 4 minutes. Test will be given Tuesday.
Math: Chapter 2 - Mental Math: Breaking Apart Numbers and Using Tens, Estimating Sums, Overestimating and Underestimating - Diagnostic Checkpoint Section B Thursday.
XtraMath: Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
Science: Chapter 2 - Living Things Grow and Change - Lessons 1 and 2 Quiz on Wednesday.
Social Studies: Freedom for All - Roles of 19th Century Americans (ex. Fredrick Douglass)
Monday, 10/17 -
Tuesday, 10/18 - Subtraction Timed Test
Wednesday, 10/19 - VW Unit 5 Test
Thursday, 10/20 - Diagnostic Checkpoint
Friday, 10/21 - Bible, Spelling & Reading