- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
- Study group this week will take place on an invitation only basis on Monday from 3:00 -3:30.
- Monday 10/17 - Please send in any last minute picture orders.
- Monday 10/17 - Please see note above for study group.
- Wednesday 10/19 - Raider Pride Day - Students will participate in a service project; then have a pep rally.
- Wednesday 10/19 - Homecoming Game at 6 P.M.
Bible Verse: Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."
Bible Concept: Our Inner Character
1. capture 2. coward 3. exclaim 4. gloomy 5. insist 6. passage 7. restless 8. shallow 9. shatter 10. talent 11. would 12. other 13. into 14. has 15. more
Grammar: Unit 2 - Nouns, Common Nouns, Proper Nouns, Plural Nouns
Vocabulary: Unit Five
Reading Skills: Word Relations
Story: Balto, the Dog Who Saved Nome
Timed Tests: 100 subtraction problems with differences from 18 in 4 minutes; This is the beginning grade for second quarter. Test will be given Thursday.
Math: Chapter 2 - Addition and Subtraction Number Sense - Missing Numbers, Fact Families, Find a Rule, Number Sentences, Mental Math
XtraMath: Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
Science: Chapter 2 - Living Things Grow and Change
Social Studies: A New Nation - Prepare for Test; begin 19th Century Americans
Monday, 10/17 -
Tuesday, 10/18 - Math Chapter 2 Diagnostic Checkpoint 1, Section A
Wednesday, 10/19 - Social Studies Test on Weeks 3-4
Thursday, 10/20 - Subtraction Timed Test (graded)
Friday, 10/21 - Bible, Spelling & Reading