- Math study group will take place on Wednesdays from 2:50-3:30. I will email you if your child needs to stay for study group to review a skill.
Important Chapel Performance Information:
- For our chapel, we will all wear blues jeans and a white shirt.
- On Friday, February 3, our class will be performing at chapel. This will be held in the Cafeteria at 8:45 A.M. and 9:30 A.M. Since chapels have been split (3rd-5th early chapel and Pre-K - 2 late chapel), we will be performing at both chapels. You are welcome to come for one of the chapels or stay for both. This may help those of you who have younger siblings and would like to see both. :)
- While we are preparing for this performance, there is a song that I would like to link below for the students to be able to practice at home. My only request is that you allow them to practice alone. We want the song to be a surprise to all of the parents, but the students requested me to provide this link for at home use. I have discussed with the class that I would post the song on my Weebly page, and we have discussed that they ask you politely if they can practice alone.
- Students, here is the link. www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3hHRJyruD0
- Information on what to wear for the program is coming soon.
- Monday 1/30 - Groundbreaking Ceremony @ 9:30
- Friday 2/3 - Crapse 3rd grade chapel
Bible Concept: Joseph Explains Pharaoh's Dream
Bible Verse: Psalm 33:5 "The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love."
Spelling Words: No Spelling this week.
Grammar: Unit 3, Part 2 - Lessons 21-25 - Helping Verbs, Main Verbs, Irregular Verbs, Contractions
- Test on Tuesday, January 31.
Vocabulary: Unit 9
- Test on definitions, synonyms, & antonyms will be Friday, February 3.
Reading Skill:Compare and Contrast
Story: Coyote Places the Stars
Here is the link to the Trophies stories audio:
Please be working on multiplication facts. On Tuesday, January 31st, we will be taking a multiplication timed tests on fives. It will be 25 problems to complete in 1 minute.
Please review the schedule on the multiplication packet and on the timed test section under the "more" tab for scheduled multiplication test dates.
*If your child does not receive an 80% or above, you will receive an email from me stating that I will retest them the following day until they receive an 80% or higher.
Math: Chapter 4: Time, Data, and Graphs
- Chapter 4 Test on Tuesday, January 31.
- On everyone's Pearson account I have created a test review assignment. It would be extremely helpful for students to take this either over the weekend or Monday night to prepare for their test. The questions are formed from test-like questions.
- In class, I pulled up a student account and showed everyone how to find it and take it.
Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
Science: Ecosystems, Food Chains and Food Webs
- We will finish Chapter 1: Ecosystems on Monday with a conclusion assignment.
Social Studies: Week 11 - Government Services
- Wednesday 2/1 - Grade on Week 11 Weekly newspaper. Students will use their SS newspaper for this classwork grade.
Monday, 1/23 -
Tuesday, 1/24 - Fives TT; GW Unit 3, Part 2; Ch. 4 Math
Wednesday, 1/25 - SS W11
Thursday, 1/26 -
Friday, 1/27 - VW Unit 9, Bible, & Reading