- Math study group will take place on Wednesdays from 2:50-3:30. I will email you if your child needs to stay for study group to review a skill.
Important Chapel Performance Information:
- On Friday, February 3, our class will be performing at chapel. This will be held in the Cafeteria at 8:45 A.M. and 9:30 A.M. Since chapels have been split (3rd-5th early chapel and Pre-K - 2 late chapel), we will be performing at both chapels. You are welcome to come for one of the chapels or stay for both. This may help those of you who have younger siblings and would like to see both. :)
- While we are preparing for this performance, there is a song that I would like to link below for the students to be able to practice at home. My only request is that you allow them to practice alone. We want the song to be a surprise to all of the parents, but the students requested me to provide this link for at home use. I have discussed with the class that I would post the song on my Weebly page, and we have discussed that they ask you politely if they can practice alone.
- Students, here is the link. www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3hHRJyruD0
- Information on what to wear for the program is coming soon.
- Tuesday 1/24 - Multiplication Timed Tests begin
- Friday 1/27 - Spirit Day
- Friday 2/3 - Crapse 3rd grade chapel
Bible Concept: Joseph Explains Pharaoh's Dream
Bible Verse: Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does."
Spelling Words: Test will be on 1/27.
Grammar: Unit 3, Part 2 - Lessons 21-25 - Helping Verbs, Main Verbs, Irregular Verbs, Contractions - Test is quickly approaching. We will test on Part 2 Tuesday, January 31.
Vocabulary: Begin Unit 9 - Test on definitions, synonyms, and antonyms will be 2/3.
Story: Papa Tells Chita a Story
Here is the link to the Trophies stories audio:
Please be working on multiplication facts. On Tuesday, January 24th, we will be taking our first multiplication timed tests on zeroes, ones, and twos. It will be 25 problems to complete in 1 minute.
Please review the schedule on the multiplication packet and on the timed test section under the "more" tab for scheduled multiplication test dates.
*If your child does not receive an 80% or above, you will receive an email for me stating that I will retest them each following day until they receive an 80% or higher.
Math: Chapter 4: Time, Data, and Graphs
- Chapter 4 Test is quickly approaching. We will test on Chapter 4 the week of January 30th.
Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
Science: Ecosystems, Food Chains and Food Webs
- Lessons 1-5 Assessment on Thursday, January 26. Book will be sent home several times next week to review lessons.
Social Studies: Week 11 - Government Services
- Tuesday 1/31 - Grade on Week 11 Weekly newspaper. Students will use their SS newspaper for this classwork grade.
Monday, 1/23 -
Tuesday, 1/24 - Zeroes, Ones, Twos Timed Tests
Wednesday, 1/25 -
Thursday, 1/26 - Science Assessment
Friday, 1/27 - Spelling, Bible, & Reading