- Math study group will take place on Wednesdays from 2:50-3:30. I will email you if your child needs to stay for study group to review a skill.
- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
Important Chapel Performance Information:
- On Friday, February 3, our class will be performing at chapel. This will be held in the Cafeteria at 8:45 A.M.
- While we are preparing for this performance, there is a song that I would like to link below for the students to be able to practice at home. My only request is that you allow them to practice alone. We want the song to be a surprise to all of the parents, but the students requested me to provide this link for at home use. I have discussed with the class that I would post the song on my Weebly page, and we have discussed that they ask you politely if they can practice alone.
- Students, here is the link. www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3hHRJyruD0
- Monday 1/16 - MLK Day - No School
- Friday 1/20 - Spirit Day
- Friday 2/3 - Crapse 3rd grade chapel
Bible Concept: Joseph Waits in Prison
Bible Verse: Psalm 33: 2-3 "Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to Him on the ten-stringed lyre. Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy."
Spelling Words: No spelling list this week. Only Vocabulary Workshop.
Grammar: Unit 3, Part 2 - Lessons 21-25 - Helping Verbs, Main Verbs, Irregular Verbs, Contractions
Vocabulary: Unit 8
- Friday 1/20 - Students will be tested on the definitions, synonyms and antonyms of these words.
Reading Skill:Prefixes and Suffixes
Story: Ramona Forever
Be working on multiplication facts. Beginning on January 24th, we will be taking multiplication timed tests each week. 25 problems in 1 minute. A schedule of tests and which facts will be tested was sent home in early December. Reminders will be sent after Christmas.
Math: Chapter 4: Time, Data, and Graphs
- Wednesday 1/18 - Diagnostic Checkpoint Section A - Time to the Hour, Half Hour, Quarter Hour, Minute, and Calendar skills
Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
Science: Ecosystems, Food Chains and Food Webs
Social Studies: Week 10 - Education For All
- Tuesday 1/17 - Grade on Week 10 Weekly newspaper. Students will use their SS newspaper for this classwork grade.
Monday, 1/16 - MLK Holiday
Tuesday, 1/17 - SS Week 10
Wednesday, 1/18 - Math DC Section A
Thursday, 1/19 -
Friday, 1/20 - Vocabuary Workshop, Bible, & Reading