- Math study group will take place on Wednesday from 2:50-3:30. For this week only, any student is welcome to come to Wednesday's study group. We will do a simple review of Chapter 5 in preparation for Thursday's test. This would be in addition to our in class review. If you would like your child to stay for this study session, please email me Monday or Tuesday morning.
- Monday, 2/20 - No School - President's Day
- Tuesday, 2/21 - Biographies read and returned - Information and Book Sent Home Feb. 3rd
- Friday, 2/24 - Biography Doll Due - Information Sent Home Feb. 3rd
- Monday, 2/27 - Biography Presentations in Class (Practice at Home) - Information Sent Home Feb. 3rd
Bible Verse: Psalm 33:8 "Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere Him."
Bible Concept: Joseph Sees His Brothers
Spelling Words: Test on 2/24.
Grammar: Unit 4 - Adjectives and Adverbs
- Note: We are quickly approaching the end of this unit. We have completed up to lesson 29 this past week. Once we finish lesson 33 we will have a unit test. This should be about the first week of March.
Vocabulary: Begin Unit 11
Reading Skill: Author's Purpose
Story: The Crowded House
Here is the link to the Trophies stories audio:
Reading Groups: We are working on the following novels.
Blue:Because of Winn-Dixie
Red: Stone Fox
Please be working on multiplication facts. On Tuesday, February 21st, we will be taking a multiplication timed tests on threes. It will be 25 problems to complete in 1 minute.
Please review the schedule listed below for test dates.
*If your child does not receive an 80% or above, you will receive an email from me stating that I will retest them the following day until they receive an 80% or higher.
1/24 - Zeros, Ones, Twos
1/31 - Fives
2/7 - Tens
2/14 - Nines
2/21 - Threes
2/28 - Fours
3/7 - Sixes
3/21 - Sevens
4/4 - Eights
4/11 - Elevens
4/18 - Twelves
Math: Chapter 5: Multiplication Concepts and Facts
- Wednesday, 2/23 - Diagnostic Checkpoint 5B - 0, 1, 2, 5, 9, and 10 as a factor and multiplication word problems
- I will be creating a review quiz for 5B that students may complete on their Pearson account Tuesday night. **If a video shows up, it is just there for extra practice; you can open it, close it, then click done to move on to the assignment.
- Thursday, 2/24 - Chapter 5 Test - multiplication groups and arrays, writing multiplication stories, reading charts, and all topics from 5B
- I will be creating a review test for Chapter 5 that students may complete on their Pearson account Wednesday night. **If a video shows up, it is just there for extra practice; you can open it, close it, then click done to move on to the assignment.
Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
Science: Chapter 2 - Food Chains and Food Webs
- Tuesday, 2/21 - Chapter 2 Science Vocabulary Quiz. Students can play Kahoot and study from printed study guide - sent home by email as well on 2/16.
Social Studies: Week 13 New Deal
- Monday, 2/27 - Simple classwork assignment on Week 13\
- Tuesday, 2/28 - Begin Week 14
Monday, 2/20 - No school
Tuesday, 2/21 - Threes TT; Sc. Vocab. Quiz
Wednesday, 2/22 - DC 5B
Thursday, 2/23 - Ch. 5 Test
Friday, 2/24 - Bible Verse, Reading, & Spelling; Biography Doll Due