- Math study group will take place on Wednesdays from 2:50-3:30. I will email you if your child needs to stay for study group to review a skill.
- Please send in valentines on Monday or Tuesday. On Valentine's Day, we will eat a valentine's snack (provided by Mrs. Pearce), decorate bags, and pass out valentines.
- Tuesday, 2/14 - Valentine's Day - (One request per Dr. Palmer: Please do not send in goody bags as your child's valentine exchange.) Here is the class list for filling out valentine cards: class_list__full_name___number_.docx
- Thursday, 2/16 - Biography Journals Due - This part of the project can be completed on regular lined paper, not in student's actual journals. - Information Sent Home on February 3rd
- Thursday, 2/16 - Supplies to Complete Biography Due - Information Sent Home Feb. 3rd
- Friday, 2/17 - Georgia Day - More information to follow
- Tuesday, 2/21 - Biographies read and returned - Information and Book Sent Home Feb. 3rd
- Friday, 2/24 - Biography Doll Due - Information Sent Home Feb. 3rd
- Monday, 2/27 - Biography Presentations in Class (Practice at Home) - Information Sent Home Feb. 3rd
Bible Verse: Psalm 33:7 "He gathers the waters of the sea into jars; He puts the deep into storehouses."
Bible Concept: Joseph Sees His Brothers
Spelling Words: No Spelling this week. Focus on VW.
Grammar: Unit 4 - Adjectives and Adverbs
Vocabulary: Unit 10 - Test will be on 2/16.
- Test on definitions, synonyms, & antonyms will be Thursday, Feb. 16.
Reading Skill: Compare and Contrast
Story: Lon Po Po
Here is the link to the Trophies stories audio:
Reading Groups: We are working on the following novels.
Blue:Because of Winn-Dixie
Red: Stone Fox
Please be working on multiplication facts. On Tuesday, February 14th, we will be taking a multiplication timed tests on nines. It will be 25 problems to complete in 1 minute.
Please review the schedule listed below for test dates.
*If your child does not receive an 80% or above, you will receive an email from me stating that I will retest them the following day until they receive an 80% or higher.
1/24 - Zeros, Ones, Twos
1/31 - Fives
2/7 - Tens
2/14 - Nines
2/21 - Threes
2/28 - Fours
3/7 - Sixes
3/21 - Sevens
4/4 - Eights
4/11 - Elevens
4/18 - Twelves
Math: Chapter 5: Multiplication Concepts and Facts
Students must complete at least 3 sessions per week. Each session must be completed on a different day. (Week runs Monday through Sunday.)
Science: Chapter 2 -Food Chains and Food Webs
Social Studies: Week 12 Government Services
- Monday 2/13 - Grade on Week 12 Weekly newspaper. Students will use their SS newspaper for a classwork grade.
- This assignment will be a paragraph on the topic of taxes. Students may uses their newspapers but may NOT copy the sentences from the newspaper.
- Students need a topic sentence, three detailed facts, and a conclusion sentence.
- Tuesday - Begin Week 13
Monday, 2/13 - SS Week 12 Paragraph writing grade
Tuesday, 2/14 - Nines TT
Wednesday, 2/15 -
Thursday, 2/16 - Bible Verse, Reading, & VW
Friday, 2/17 - Georgia Day