- Please make every effort to have your child at school by 8:15. We will enter the classroom at 8:20. Instruction will begin promptly at 8:25.
- You must sign your child in if they are not in the classroom by 8:25.
- Three tardies will equal 1 absence.
- Three early check outs will equal 1 absence.
- Your child may not be signed out between 2:15-2:40.
- Picture day - August 26th
Bible Verse: Matthew 5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit for the kingdom of heaven is theirs."
* There is a copy of the new Bible verse in a protective sheet. This is so that parents and students can see the layout for writing the Bible verse. This will not always be provided.
Bible Concept: The Parts of the Bible
allow, bitter, common, faint, firm, force, goal, patient, prefer, trace, you, are, wish, his, they
* The new printed spelling list for week 2 is in a protective sheet in the student binder.
Grammar: subjects, predicates, complete sentences, sentence fragments, statements, questions,commands, exclamations
Vocabulary: Unit One
Reading Skills: Narrative Elements
Story: Officer Pepita Talks Twice
Timed Tests: 100 addition problems with sums to 18 in 4 minutes; Tests will be given every Tuesday for a grade.
* If you would like your child to have extra practice, please email me, and I can send some extra copies home.
* I will email you if I need to meet with your child one day a week before school for extra practice.
Math: Finishing 2nd grade review work on Monday.
Chapter 1 - Place Value and Money
Science: Living and Non- living things
Social Studies: Ancient Greece; Democratic Heritage
Tuesday, 8/23- Addition Timed Test
Wednesday, 8/24- Vocabulary Unit 1
Friday, 8/19- Spelling, Bible, Reading
*Vocabulary Unit 1 test will be on definitions, knowing how to use the word in a sentence, synonyms and antonyms.
*Spelling test is on the 10 vocabulary workshop words plus 5 sight words.